Lewis Hamilton wants F1 Monaco shake-up
Search Driven for for sale
Lewis Hamilton has called for the iconic Monaco Grand Prix to be revamped as part of Formula One's promised revolution.
The three-time world champion was the first driver asked to sit down with the sport's new owners, Liberty Media, to discuss the future.
And after a third bullet-proof day of testing for Mercedes in Barcelona, Hamilton said: 'You can't keep doing the same format at Monaco because you can' t overtake there.
“So maybe they need to spice it up and do something different – maybe a sprint race.
“The Monaco race should be different from the others.”
Hamilton was elaborating on an idea mooted by former team boss Ross Brawn, one of the three men running the sport for Liberty, who said a non-championship race could be staged during race weekends.
Prize money, but no points, would be fought over.
However, Brawn said Liberty would not rush into tinkering that they might later regret.
Canadian Lance Stroll, 18, notched up two more prangs on Wednesday to go with his spin on Tuesday.
But Hamilton defended the Williams driver, saying: “It is to be expected because it is not an easy car to drive. It's faster than last year and requires more precision.”