Aston Martin DB9
(2014) Aston Martin DB9
|Brakes||• Front: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs – 398 mm diameter with six-piston monobloc calipers
• Rear: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs – 360 mm diameter with four-piston monobloc calipers
• Grey Brake Calipers
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Track mode
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
• Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
• Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
• Traction Control
|Entertainment & Communication||Like the near-perfect structural balance of DB9 we’ve also achieved a perfect balance of interior and exterior sound. The New AM11 engine is tuned specifically by Aston Martin sound engineers to make for the best driving experience, ensuring audibility that never becomes overpowering. Coupled with the unparalleled quality of the Bang & Olufsen sound system both driver and passenger enjoy beautiful sounds, whatever the source.
• Lamy pen and pen holder
• 700-watt Aston Martin Premium audio system with Dolby® Pro Logic II® including six-CD autochanger
• Integrated Apple iPod®,4 connector
• USB Connector with Waveform Audio Format (WAF), Windows Media Audio (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file compatibility
• 3.5 mm auxiliary input socket
|Interior||• Full-grain leather interior
• Walnut facia trim with graphite centre console finish and iridium silver surround
• Leather sports steering wheel
• Electrically adjustable sports seats with side airbags
• Memory seats & exterior mirrors (three positions)
• Dual-stage driver/front passenger front airbags
• Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
• Heated front seats (sports seats only)
• Heated rear screen
• Automatic temperature control
• Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) displays
• Trip computer
• Cruise control
• Bluetooth® telephone preparation1
• Satellite navigation1,2
• Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror1
• Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror with garage door opener (USA and Canada only) 1
• Satellite radio system (USA only) 1
• Front and rear parking sensors
• Tyre pressure monitoring system1
• Alarm and immobiliser
• Remote-control central door locking and boot release
• Glass ECU
• Tracking device1,3 (UK only)
• LED map-reading lights
• Boot-mounted umbrella
|Engine Description||The New DB9 is powered by our all-new AM11 engine, the most powerful in DB9's history. Its 6.0-litre capacity delivers 517 PS, a 0-62 mph time of just 4.6 secs and 620 Nm of torque - a 10% increase on our previous model. AM11 has also been specifically engineered to give an extra 40 Nm of torque between 0 and 4000 rpm, meaning impressive improvements at both high and low engine speeds and additional power at higher revs. Technology integrated from our GT race car programme such as CNC-machined combustion chambers and hollow cam shafts mean AM11 is also as advanced as it is powerful.
All-alloy quad overhead cam 48 valve 5,935cc V12
• Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
• Fully-catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
• 517 PS (510 BHP) at 6,500 rpm
• 620 Nm at 5,500 rpm
• 0-62 mph (100 km/h): 4.6 seconds
• Maximum speed: 183 mph (295 km/h)
|Drive Train||Rear wheel driv|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||78|
|Transmission Description||Rear mid-mounted ‘Touchtronic 2’ six-speed transmission with electronic shift-by-wire control system
• Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre prop shaft
• Limited-slip differential
• Final drive ratio 3.46:1
Latest DB9 Reviews
New Zealand debut of long-awaited Aston Martin Vantage is set...
New Vantage boasts a radical muscular physique for the British sports car maker...
Only 175 of the Vanquish S Ultimate Edition will be sold globally...
More from Driven
Aston Martin has announced it will produce a limited run of 99 Vanquish Zagato Coupes...
The Aston Martin Vantage GT3 race and road vehicles will henceforth be referred to as the...
The old blokes in leisure suits and their 20-something girlfriends with designer dogs in designer handbags...