NEW BENTLEY SUITE DEBUTS AT THE ST. REGIS ISTANBUL
Search Driven for vehicles for sale
- Curvaceous design inspired by Continental GT range creates a luxury destination for a new generation of global travellers
- Hand-crafted features made by Bentley in Crewe
- First Bentley Suite in Europe following successful Bentley Suite at the St Regis New York
(Crewe, 8 April 2015) Bentley is continuing its celebrated collaboration with St. Regis Hotels & Resorts with a new Bentley Suite making its debut today at The St. Regis Istanbul. Inspired by the Continental range of Bentley grand tourers, it is designed for the modern aficionado of unparalleled luxury and personalised service.
As the latest modern interpretation of the partnership between St. Regis and Bentley Motors, the Bentley Suite at The St. Regis Istanbul unites craftsmanship and luxury, with a curvaceous design inspired by the Bentley Continental GT. The suite lends itself to entertaining with an expansive balcony overlooking Maçka Park with breath-taking views of the Bosphorus and the city. The living room and bedroom, as well as the one and a half baths, dressing room and powder room feature bespoke details derived from signature Bentley design cues.
Christophe Georges, Director of Product and Marketing, commented: “The new Bentley suite at The St. Regis Istanbul marks the next phase of the partnership between Bentley and St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. The emergence of Turkey as a modern luxury destination affords Bentley the opportunity to bring our signature style and contemporary design to a new and discerning audience of travellers who want to experience the soul and sophistication of a gateway city in an environment of exceptional materials and finishes.”
The entrance foyer benefits from mirrored ceilings, reflecting a marble floor inset with a Continental wheel inspired design. On entering the living area, walls of curved veneer evoke the Continental while highlighting the suite’s corner location. Floor to ceiling windows maximise the panoramic experience, providing a unique entertaining space against the backdrop of some of Istanbul’s most iconic sights. These same vistas can be enjoyed from an oversized terrace.
The living room features a bespoke built-in sofa crafted from Bentley leather, which brings Bentley’s unique motoring luxury indoors. The sofa, equipped with two champagne bottle coolers, features signature Bentley diamond upholstery with curved lines that echo the architecture of the suite. Overhanging the scene, a captivating light installation based on the Continental’s jewelled headlights and the sinuous curves of the Nürburgring Racetrack completes the room.
Further cues can be found in the elegant wet bar. Inspired by the wings of a Bentley dashboard, olive ash is accented with engine spin, anthracite and claret. The bar doors open to reveal three Breitling clocks, allowing guests to enjoy a cocktail while keeping time with contemporaries in Istanbul, London and New York. A bespoke humidor is incorporated into the bar set up; hand crafted in the Bentley woodshop alongside the cars that inspired the suite.
Handcrafted finishes and individual furnishings are prevalent throughout. His-and-hers jewellery boxes cosset guests’ treasured items during their stay and sit alongside items from the Bentley home collection, notably the chaise in the bedroom. Bentley’s iconic matrix grille also features in abstract form; captured in wool and silk in an exquisitely crafted rug.
Custom flooring and carpeting line the separate bedroom, where an expansive work desk resides alongside a 40-inch pop-up television. A bed base, tailor-made from burgundy hide and bright engine spin, houses an oversized signature St. Regis bed while an entry touch panel and portable iPad place room controls at guests’ fingertips.
A glass box within the bedroom, the master bathroom extends the bespoke experience, employing marble book-matched slabs to create a dramatic pattern that surrounds a dual-basin sink, glass-enclosed rainforest shower, and freestanding glass-enclosed bathtub. A 19-inch mirror television further elevates the restorative retreat, while an adjacent dressing room ensures complete privacy. Designed with travellers' needs in mind, it boasts shelving, storage, and a makeup vanity. The suite also features an additional full bathroom and powder room.
Guests can enjoy an immersive musical experience courtesy of British hi-fi creator Naim Audio. In the living room, the high-performance SuperUniti all-in-one player is integrated into the room, producing a crystal-clear sound, and allowing guests to relax with their own music. In the bedroom, guests can access Naim’s award-winning Mu-so wireless music system via Bluetooth. It features technology inspired by Naim’s in-car audio system, available exclusively as a custom option for all Bentley models.
Marking the debut of the luxury brand in Turkey, The St. Regis Istanbul is designed by award-winning Turkish architect Emre Arolat, and is a modern interpretation of Istanbul’s glamorous Art Deco era. The St. Regis Istanbul is home to the first international outpost of Wolfgang Puck’s Spago restaurant, which stars as the hotel’s signature culinary experience. Located on the hotel’s rooftop, the restaurant offers stunning views of the vibrant city. The hotel also offers rejuvenating spa treatments at the Iridium Spa.
- ENDS -
Head of Lifestyle Communications
+44 (0)1270 653451
Bentley Motors Ltd
Notes to editors
- Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s three model lines, Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 3,800 people at Crewe.
- Combining classic sophistication with a modern sensibility, St. Regis is committed to delivering exceptional experiences at over 30 luxury hotels and resorts in the best addresses around the world. Since the opening of the first St. Regis Hotel in New York City over a century ago by John Jacob Astor IV, the brand has remained committed to an uncompromising level of bespoke and anticipatory service for all of its guests, delivered flawlessly by signature St. Regis Butler Service. From Bal Harbour to Bangkok, Saadiyat Island to Shenzhen, the St. Regis brand caters to a new generation of luxury travelers and continues to thoughtfully build its portfolio in the most sought after destinations at the heart of today’s grand tour. Plans for the brand to expand its legacy include much-anticipated St. Regis hotels and resorts in Asia, where St. Regis has announced plans to debut in Changsha, Haikou, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, Lijiang, Macao, Mumbai, Nanjing, Qingshui Bay, Sanya Haitang Bay and Zhuhai. Additionally in Europe and the Middle East, St. Regis will continue to expand in Amman, Astana and Dubai. For more information on St. Regis Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.stregis.com, for the privilege of residential ownership, please visit www.stregis.com/residences, and to learn how the brand celebrates the art of play visit www.stregis.com/familytraditions. Connect with St. Regis on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube