DRIVEN Community House Rules
Welcome to Driven on Facebook. Driven is New Zealand’s leading destination for everything motoring. To see the latest motoring news, car reviews, road tests and vehicle listings, please visit https://www.driven.co.nz/
Everyone has opinion. And we want to hear yours. The mix of thoughts, insights and views that are shared on this page keep the discussion lively and interesting, however, we will remove comments or discussion posts which stop this happening.
Everything you contribute to this page is your own responsibility and is in no way endorsed by Driven.
In order to provide an enjoyable, lively and safe forum for our readers we have some house rules to give everyone a fair go:
Protect yourself, and others
- Remember, this is a public space and anything you post is visible to others and could be shared to a much wider group. It is prudent not to post personal details about yourself or others.
- We will review all comments and will remove any that are inappropriate, offensive or harmful to the community. If you feel like someone is posting or commenting inappropriately, or you’re being personally harassed, please let us know by sending a direct message to us via Facebook.
- We will never post stories in which a person’s personal privacy or safety is put at risk.
Say what you mean but don’t be mean about it
- Do share your thoughts on our stories both positive and negative. But please share those viewpoints politely. Before you post, think about the person behind the screen. Take their thoughts and feelings into account before you post. Don’t insult or bully anyone who thinks differently. His or her comment may be just as, if not more, valid than yours.
Keep it clean
- Needless to say, any links to explicit content or photography will be removed.
- Spam, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising are a nuisance to us and our readers. We will also remove any links that could contain bugs or viruses.
- The best way to get your voice heard is to make your point well. Repeatedly posting your comments over and over again (what we call Flooding) won’t get you a response. If people didn’t respond the first time, they probably won’t the second time. Or the fiftieth. We consider Flooding akin to Spam.
Don’t break the law
- Unlawful, fraudulent, misleading or deceptive content will be removed from our pages.
- Please refrain from posting comments, videos or images that reference criminal activity, or anything that breaches any court orders or injunctions.
- Don’t post any content (including music, video or images) that isn’t yours, unless the copyright owner says it’s okay.
Tell us if somebody is out of line
If you feel someone is posting or commenting inappropriately, or you’re being personally harassed, please let us know by sending a direct message to us via Facebook or by emailing [email protected]
The Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015 requires you to include the following details when making a complaint:
- Phone number
- Your physical address
- Your email address
- Whether you are happy for your personal details to be shared with the person who wrote the content you are complaining about. We will not share your details unless you give your consent.
For more information on the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015 see https://www.justice.govt.nz/justice-sector-policy/key-initiatives/harmful-digital-communications/key-parts-of-the-act/
The content posted by fans on this site does not reflect Driven’s views or opinions, or the views or opinions of those that work at Driven. We are not responsible for links on this page to third party content or websites.
By contributing to this page, you agree to allow Driven to use your content (including ideas) in any manner without any obligation or compensation to you. One example may be that we use a comment you make and publish it as reader feedback in a print or online story.