Top Gear's Chris Evans faces more ridicule
Search Driven for vehicles for sale
'Who gets sick and presents a car show?'
The third episode of Top Gear was aired on BBC Two on Sunday night and Chris Evans found himself being criticised on Twitter once again, following the show.
The 49-year-old had to get out of the car to be sick after being driven around by racing driver Sabine Schmitz.
Having climbed into the lighting-fast Audi R8 V10 as a passenger - with ex-professional racing driver Schmitz behind the wheel - Evans came over all queasy.
Evans flung the passenger door wide-open as he jumped out of the car, before he was seen bending over with his hands on his knees, appearing to retch next to the £134,500 luxury sports car at the Mazda Raceway track in Monterey, California earlier this month.
Twitter went wild for the moment, with one saying; 'Chris, are you going to be sick every time you go fast? It's kinda annoying.'
Another wrote: 'Every person who's been on #TopGear so far would make a better presenter than Chris Evans! Who gets sick driving fast and presents a car show.'
One said: 'Why did they get Chris Evans to do #TopGear when he gets car sick?! Bet he'd get sick swivelling in a chair...'
Another said: 'Well if chris evans being sick wasn't staged i don't know what was.
One viewer wrote: 'So, Chris Evans can't drive and talk, gets sick as a passenger and has to give a car to someone else to complete a 'road test'. #FlopGear.'
Viewers also commented on the 'disrespectful' cenotaph scene which was cut out of the show.
The highly controversial scenes of cars 'donutting' near the Cenotaph war memorial cost licence fee-payers £100,000 to film, but was cut out of the show.
One viewer wrote on Twitter: 'That episode of Top Gear gave me a headache! The last film with Matt was good. Noticed the Cenotaph bit was cut out as expected.'
However another said: 'Impressed by the London @BBC_TopGear scene, just a shame it was undermined by the deleted cenotaph scene!.'
hile it is not known what exactly caused Evans's stomach to become upset, the presenter - who was drafted in to revamp the show's image - was in need of a break, as he shakily made his way off the track.
While the moment was filmed back in May, behind the scenes shots saw him hunched over against a barrier, with his helmet still firmly in place on his head.
Flocking to his side, members of the Top Gear crew could be seen talking to him and offering him water as he attempted to regain his composure.
And, appearing to regain his composure like a true professional, Evans removed his helmet and began to talk to the crew as well as Schmitz.
Top Gear pulled in just 2.8 million viewers after the airing of the second episode of the show the week before - well down on the 4.3million viewers Evans and his team drew in their first episode.
The devastating ratings figures showed the new-look programme lost a third of its audience between its first and second episodes.
The figures are expected to grow when consolidated with the numbers of those watching online but still lag miles behind the numbers the programme's old guard - Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond - pulled in.
Chris has been under intense scrutiny since he agreed to take over the hit motoring show.
In his first two episodes, he has been panned by viewers for being 'too shouty' and behaving like 'an embarrassing dad'.
His debut outing as show host pulled the lowest figures for a series debut in more than a decade.
It has also been slated for allegedly requiring canned laughter to make the audience seem more interested, with those in attendance reporting long periods of silence during filming.
Evans was named as the show's new presenter last year, following the departure of controversial frontman Jeremy Clarkson.
Clarkson's BBC contract was not renewed, after what was described as a 'fracas' with the show's producer, Oisin Tymon.
It was revealed that the row, which happened in a Yorkshire hotel, took place because no hot food was provided following a day's filming.
His dismissal prompted a mass walkout as Hammond, May and Andy Wilman, the executive producer and old school friend of Clarkson, all resigned.
Since the incident, Clarkson, May and Hammond have gone on to sign a deal for a new Amazon Prime motor show with a reported budget of £160 million.