New Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 racer yours for $800k
Search Driven for vehicles for sale
Nissan Motorsport International (Nismo) has opened the order book for its 2018 GT-R Nismo GT3 race car.
Based on the road-going Nissan GT-R R35 Nismo, the new GT3 and conforms to FIA GT3 regulations and will be build-to-order with deliveries beginning in January 2019.
Priced from 60,000,000 Yen (approximately NZ$785,000 excluding taxes and delivery costs), Nismo also offer a full range of optional spares depending on what category you intend to participate in and a wide range customer support.
Nismo launched the first Nissan GT-R GT3 in 2012 and has been supplying it to customers in Japan, Europe, America, China and Australia. The car accumulated several achievements including taking the championship titles in the SUPER GT GT300 class and the Blancpain Endurance Series, along with overall victory in the Bathurst 12 Hour in 2015.
The 2018 model is said to feature significant advances from lessons learned since the 2015 model was released. Nismo aimed to create a vehicle that took advantage of all of the GT-R 's strengths and was capable of running with stability and speed at any circuit and on any brand of tire.
Specifically, weight distribution has been optimised and the centre of gravity lowered by mounting the engine 150mm further back and lower than in the 2015 model.
At the same time, the front and rear suspension, along with the cross member have been newly designed to improve the vehicle dynamics.
In addition to tests carried out in Japan and overseas since April of last year participation in several series, in cooperation with Nismo's official teams, has seen the car run a total of 30,000kms during testing.
"To develop the 2018 model Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, Nismo has made full use of the advanced technology and expertise we have gained through our vast experience in racing, and this car is built to be competitive in GT3 racing around the world, " said CEO of Nismo, Takao Katagiri.
"Whilst this is its first year of actual competition, it is already demonstrating its competitiveness, having attained achievements such as a 3rd place podium finish in the Japan 's SUPER GT (GT300 class) and a 3rd place overall finish in the Blancpain GT Series Asia.
"We have high hopes that a number of teams will be competing with the 2018 model NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3."
- Development features of the 2018 model and full spec sheet
- Lowered center of gravity and optimized weight distribution through a revision of the vehicle package
- Improved dynamics through newly designed suspension
- Optimised balance between stable downforce characteristics and drag
- Front and rear rigidity (flexural, torsional) improvements and enhanced linearity by utilizing advanced analysis technology
- Dry sump system implementation for lowered center of gravity and lubrication reliability
- Extended maintenance cycle through a newly designed transmission
- Strengthened brakes with increased durability and reliability
- An exclusively designed air conditioning system to reduce driver stress and ensure comfort during endurances races, etc. available as an option
|Maximum Power||Over 405kw/6,500rpm Over 550ps/6,500rpm*1|
|Maximum Torque||Over 637M m/5,000prm Over 65.0kgf m/5,000rpm*1|
|Drive System||2WD FR|
|Cluth||Metal, 5.5 inch 4-plate|
|Brake||Front||6-piston caliper/Ventilated Steel Disc Brake and Pad|
|Rear||4-piston caliper/Ventilated Steel Disc Brake and Pad|
|Suspension||Front||Independent Suspension Double Wishbone|
|Rear||Independent Suspension Double Wishbone|